These Baked Mini Strawberry Pies are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. Each little Strawberry Pie is a delightful burst of strawberry goodness in every little bite!
It’s not quite strawberry season yet, but with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, strawberries are already going on sale. I picked up a huge container of fresh strawberries and blueberries at Sam’s last week and we’ve been steadily making our way through all the berries.
I had one roll of pie crust left over from the Chocolate Cream Pie I made for New Year’s that needed to get used up and I knew some sort of little strawberry tart would be perfect since we had all these strawberries to eat.
My pie crust was store bought, but you can use homemade or whatever works best for you. I like shortcuts in the kitchen (when they make sense) and I almost always use a storebought pie crust. (I even used one on these little pinwheel cookies!)
How cute are these mini strawberry tarts???
More recipes in “miniature” your family might like:
- Mini Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin Recipe
- Hamburger Bun Mini-Pizza’s and Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Mini Quiches
- Scrambled Egg Mini Pizzas
- No Bake Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Double Berry White Chocolate Mini Muffins
To make mini strawberry pies more Valentine-ish I used a small fondant cutter to cut out the heart shape and a biscuit cutting set to get the scalloped circle for the crust. If you don’t want to do hearts; strips or a smaller scalloped circle would be great too.
The weird looking strawberry pies at the top of the pan are my special low carb versions. (You didn’t think I was going to pass these up did you, lol?) To make them lower carb, I used an almond meal crust and Swerve sweetener. They came out pretty good! I did also try the traditional pastry version and yes, they were definitely tastier than my almond meal crust mini pies.
This is what the low carb strawberry pie looked like up close,
They definitely aren’t perfect looking, but that only added to their charm.
Don’t worry though, they still taste amazing!
Products used and recommended for this post:Print
Baked Mini Strawberry Pies
Each of these Baked Mini Strawberry Pies is a delightful burst of strawberry goodness in every little bite!
- 12 oz strawberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of sugar (or whatever amount is needed based on the sweetness of your strawberries)
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten (optional – for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Chop strawberries and in a large bowl, mix strawberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon.
- Roll out pie dough and cut 12 (ish) circles (2.5 inches in diameter.) You may need to re-roll the dough to get enough circles.
- Press circles into muffin tin and prebake pie crusts for 5 to 7 minutes.
- While crusts are pre-baking, re-roll dough and cut out pie toppers (circles, hearts, strips, etc…)
- Remove muffin tin from oven and spoon strawberry filling into crusts, being careful to not spoon in too much of the juice as it will make you pie crusts soggy on the bottom.
- Top strawberries with pie toppers and brush with optional beaten egg.
- Bake mini pies for an additional 15 minutes or until the pie toppers begin to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow pies to cool for 10 minutes. Use a knife to loosen pies from tin and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling
- Serve mini strawberry pies with whipped cream and any leftover strawberries.