Orange Baked French Toast – A deliciously cripspy and delicous baked french toast recipe made even better with delicate the flavors of orange and vanilla.
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I used the juice from 1 large orange)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 slices of bread
- powdered sugar (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, juice, milk, sugar, zest, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Place bread in a single layer in a 13 x 9 pan. (I used to so I would not have to do 2 batches.)
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Let soak, turning once until liquid is absorbed. About 5 minutes.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a buttered baking sheet. (I used 2 baking sheets.)
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn slices
- Continue baking 10 to 12 minutes, until browned.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve.