Orange Baked French Toast – A deliciously cripspy and delicous baked french toast recipe made even better with delicate the flavors of orange and vanilla.
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I used the juice from 1 large orange)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 slices of bread
- powdered sugar (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375.and grease your cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, juice, milk, sugar, zest, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Place bread in a single layer in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Let soak, turning once until liquid is absorbed. About 5 minutes.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a buttered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn slices
- Continue baking 10 to 12 minutes, until browned.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve.
If you find your orange french toast is getting too brown, but still needs more time, cover the pan with a bit of foil until eggs are completely cooked.