Delicious Banana Bread dipped in french toast batter and pan fried to a crisp and smothered in maple syrup? Mmm… This Banana Bread French Toast Recipe is over the top delicious!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8– 3/4 inch thick slices of banana bread
- 1 tsp butter (use more if needed)
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow dish, mix together egg, vanilla salt and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly. (let bread sit in the egg/milk mixture 10 to 15 seconds per side.)
- Preheat butter in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook banana bread slices on medium heat until browned on both sides. (about 3 to 4 minutes)
- Serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup