Who doesn’t love banana bread? It’s such a great way to use up bananas that have gotten a little too ripe to eat and makes a gift for neighbors, friend and co-workers. (And of course- it’s just so yummy!)
I made several loaves using my quick and easy Banana Bread Recipe recently. This recipe uses four bananas and all those banana make an incredibly moist and delicious bread. The best part of this recipe is that it’s so easy, you don’t even need a mixer!
We still had quite a bit of banana bread left over, (though the amount was shrinking with every pass through the kitchen… I figured it would be in my best interest if I just got rid of the banana bread all at once…. And the best way to get rid of leftover bread?
Why, french toast of course!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 8- 3/4 inch thick slices of banana bread
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow dish, mix together egg, vanilla and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly. (let bread sit in the egg/milk mixture 10 to 15 seconds per side.)
- Preheat butter in skillet on medium-high heat
- Cook banana bread slices on medium heat until browned on both sides. (about 3 to 4 minutes)
- Serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup