These Banana Cream Pie bars are so easy to make! (best part is you can make them sugar free (and semi low carb)!
- 12 oz pecans, finely ground
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbs of your favorite sweetener
- optional: extra chopped pecans for garnish
- 3 large bananas
- 2 packages vanilla pudding (I’m using sugar free)
- 3 cups milk (or cream if you are cutting carbs. (I used 1 cup half in half, and 2 cups milk)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 tbsp your favorite sweetener
Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pecans in food processor and process pecans on high until they are a fine meal. Add the sugar and pulse a few times. While food processor is running on low, add the melted butter and process til completely blended & clumped together.
- Lightly grease 9 x 13 pan. Add pecans, using your fingers or the bottom of a glass, gently press to cover the bottom of the pie pan.
- Bake the crust for 12 to 15 minutes. (keep your eye on the pecans, nuts can burn very quickly.)
- Remove from oven and let crust cool about 15 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream and 3 to 4 tablespoons of sweetener til stiff peaks form. (Set aside in fridge.)
- Slice 2 of the bananas and top crust with banana slices.
- Combine milk and pudding mix, whisk about 2 minutes or until well blended
- Spoon 2 cups of pudding over banana layer.
- Gently stir 1 cup of whipped cream into remaining pudding.
- Spoon over pudding layer.
- Top with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Garnish with more banana slices and additional chopped pecans if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/12 to 1/15 of recipe
Keywords: banana, sugar free