These easy Banana Cream Pie Bars are so INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! With a homemade pecan crust, layers of bananas, pudding and whipped cream, they’re perfect for any occasion. (Bonus: It’s easy to make these low carb and sugar-free!)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Seattle’s Best Coffee®. All opinions are 100% mine.Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Banana Cream Pie Bars
I always start my day off with a steaming cup of coffee right when I wake up, courtesy of my Keurig (I’m an early riser) plus another cup or two once the hubby gets up and brews us a full pot. When 3 o’clock rolls around, I’m usually feeling the need for a lil’ pick-me-up and a freshly brewed cup of coffee is the perfect thing to get me through that midday lull.
I often like a little something sweet to go with my coffee. If you do too, look no further than these amazing Banana Cream Pie Bars! They are AMAZING!!!!
So Easy To Make!
This Banana Cream Pie Bar recipe is just a quick twist on everybody’s favorite banana cream pie, but instead of making completely from scratch, you use a box of vanilla pudding as the base and ground pecans instead graham crackers. (Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe.)
How to Make these Banana Cream Pie Bars Sugar Free
Since these Banana Cream Pie Bars are made with a pecan crust, it is super easy to make the bars sugar free. Just use the sugar free pudding and swap out the real sugar in the whipped cream and crust.
The hardest part about making about making these bars is just waiting for them to chill in the fridge. Everyone always wants to just dive in, but they do need a couple of hours to firm up in the fridge.
Can I Use Cool Whip Instead of Heavy Cream?
Sure! If you aren’t worried about the sugar or carbs, to make this recipe even easier, you can sub cool whip for the heavy cream. You could also switch out crushed vanilla wafers or graham crackers for the crust, use regular pudding and whatever % milk you want.
This Banana Cream Pie Bars recipe is VERY flexible.
These Banana Cream Pie Bars are SOOO Good!
It’s almost impossible to stop at just one bar. (I’m serious here. If you are just making this as a special treat for the family, you might consider cutting the recipe in half, because you’ll be going back for seconds after the kids go to bed and then having it again for breakfast after they leave for school.) We devoured the Banana Cream Pie Bars so quickly; it was actually impressive, lol…
Like this recipe? Save Here for later ==>>
How to make Banana Cream Pie Bars with a Pecan CrustPrint
These Banana Cream Pie bars are so easy to make! (best part is you can make them sugar free (and semi low carb)!
- 12 oz pecans, finely ground
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbs of your favorite sweetener
- optional: extra chopped pecans for garnish
- 3 large bananas
- 2 packages vanilla pudding (I’m using sugar free)
- 3 cups milk (or cream if you are cutting carbs. (I used 1 cup half in half, and 2 cups milk)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 tbsp your favorite sweetener
Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pecans in food processor and process pecans on high until they are a fine meal. Add the sugar and pulse a few times. While food processor is running on low, add the melted butter and process til completely blended & clumped together.
- Lightly grease 9 x 13 pan. Add pecans, using your fingers or the bottom of a glass, gently press to cover the bottom of the pie pan.
- Bake the crust for 12 to 15 minutes. (keep your eye on the pecans, nuts can burn very quickly.)
- Remove from oven and let crust cool about 15 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream and 3 to 4 tablespoons of sweetener til stiff peaks form. (Set aside in fridge.)
- Slice 2 of the bananas and top crust with banana slices.
- Combine milk and pudding mix, whisk about 2 minutes or until well blended
- Spoon 2 cups of pudding over banana layer.
- Gently stir 1 cup of whipped cream into remaining pudding.
- Spoon over pudding layer.
- Top with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Garnish with more banana slices and additional chopped pecans if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/12 to 1/15 of recipe
Keywords: banana, sugar free