- 1 package Deluxe Pasta Shells and cheese (the kind that comes with a foil cheese pouch)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 2 eggs
- Optional for garnish: Sliced green onions, additional sour cream and/or diced avocado.
- Preheat oven to 375 f.
- Brown ground beef to large skillet, adding Taco seasoning halfway through.
- Cook pasta according to package time for al dente pasta. Drain and add cheese packet to pasta.
- Mix in salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese and ground beef to pasta.
- Mix in the pasteurized egg product until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Press pasta mixture into a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then top with optional garnishes.