The Southwest flavors of this Beefy Mac and Cheese Taco Bake are definitely a family pleaser! Super easy to make and guaranteed to fill up even the hungriest belly.
Beefy Mac and Cheese Taco Bake:
The new year always brings new goals and resolutions. This year we sat down as a family to discuss what we would like to improve on over the coming year. The kids had a little trouble thinking of items for themselves, but we brainstormed a few ideas, and I helped them narrow down a few action items that could be easily worked on.
My items revolve around sleep and exercise, and Dad wants to work on getting home earlier in the evening. My son decided he wants to really focus on advancing a few levels on his Karate belt before school is out and will also work on getting up with his alarm clock in the mornings. The lil’ Missy will work on handwriting/spelling/reading and cleaning up after herself. (Mostly the messes she makes with her various craft projects).
We came up with a few action items for the family as well… We want to do a better job picking up after ourselves (with 10-minute daily cleaning sprees during which no one is allowed to whine or yell.)
We’ll also make better food choices- I’ll try to do a better job sticking to my menu plans when possible, and the kids will choose fruit for dessert more often. And we will eat more dinners together at the dinner table instead of gathering around the bar.
The Beefy Mac and Cheese Recipe I’m sharing today helps hit on two of our family goals. (Eating dinner at the dinner table and me cooking the recipe I planned for the day.)
The dish is so simple to make and everyone loved it! It’s based on a box deluxe mac and cheese (The kind that comes with the creamy cheese sauce in the foil pouch) and a pound of ground beef. Plus a few other pantry essentials.
I hope your family loves it as much as we did!
Beefy Mac and Cheese Taco Bake RecipePrint
- 1 package Deluxe Pasta Shells and cheese (the kind that comes with a foil cheese pouch)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 2 eggs
- Optional for garnish: Sliced green onions, additional sour cream and/or diced avocado.
- Preheat oven to 375 f.
- Brown ground beef to large skillet, adding Taco seasoning halfway through.
- Cook pasta according to package time for al dente pasta. Drain and add cheese packet to pasta.
- Mix in salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese and ground beef to pasta.
- Mix in the pasteurized egg product until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Press pasta mixture into a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then top with optional garnishes.
I would love to know, did you and your family set any goals for the year?
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.