The Southwest flavors of this Beefy Mac and Cheese Taco Bake are definitely a family pleaser! Super easy to make and guaranteed to fill up even the hungriest belly.
Beefy Mac and Cheese Taco Bake:
This post is sponsored by Horizon Organic, all ideas and opinions are 100% my own.
With the new year, comes new goals and resolutions. This year we sat down as a family to discuss what we would like to improve on over the coming year. The kids had a little trouble thinking of items for themselves, but we brainstormed a few ideas and I helped them narrow down a few action items that could be easily worked on.
My items revolve around sleep and exercise and Dad wants to work on getting home earlier in the evening. My son decided he wants to really focus on advancing a few levels on his Karate belt before school is out and will also work on getting up with his alarm clock in the mornings. The lil’ Missy will work on her handwriting/spelling/reading and cleaning up after herself. (Mostly the messes she makes with her various craft projects).
We came up with a few action items for the family as well… We want to do a better job picking up after ourselves (with 10-minute daily cleaning sprees during which no one is allowed to whine or yell.)
We’re also going to make better food choices- I’ll try to do a better job sticking to my menu plans when possible and the kids will choose fruit for dessert more often. And we are going to eat more dinners together at the dinner table instead of gathering around the bar.
The Beefy Mac and Cheese Recipe I’m sharing today helps hit on two of our family goals. (Eating dinner at the dinner table and me actually cooking the recipe I planned for the day.)
The base of this dish is a box of the new Horizon Organic White Cheddar Cheesy Deluxe Pasta Shells and Cheese and ground beef.
Beefy Mac and Cheese Taco Bake RecipePrint
Beefy Mac and Cheese Taco Bake
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package Horizon Cheesy Deluxe Pasta Shells and cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup pasteurized egg product
- Optional: Sliced green onions, additional sour cream and/or diced avocado for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 375 f.
- Brown ground beef to large skillet, adding Taco seasoning halfway through.
- Cook pasta according to package time for al dente pasta. Drain and add cheese packet to pasta.
- Mix in salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese and ground beef to pasta.
- Mix in the pasteurized egg product until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Press pasta mixture into a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then top with optional garnishes.
I would love to hear, did you and your family set any goals for the year?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.