- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets, slightly thawed
- 1.5 pints fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup (divided) of the monk fruit sweetener blend (This sweetener can be subbed 1 to 1 with sugar)
- 1 pkg. light cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup powdered sugar (there are a few powdered monk fruit blends available – like this one.)
- 2–3 tsp. milk
- Combine blackberries and 2 tbsp of sweetener in a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sweetener, egg, and extract.
- Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 9 squares.
- Spread about a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture over the middle of the puff pastry square.
- Add 1 tablespoon of blackberries on top of cream cheese.
- Fold the puff pastry over to make a triangle, using a fork seal edges of turnover.
- Bake at about 400 degrees until turnover is golden brown.
- Let turnovers cool for about 20 minutes.
- While cooling, mix the glaze. Combine 1/2 cup of powdered sugar (or sweetener) and 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth. If the glaze seems too thick, add another tablespoon of milk.
- Drizzle the glaze over the turnovers.