Blueberry Galette is a delicious dessert bursting with blueberries in a flaky pie crus. So easy to make, and it comes together in just about thirty minutes! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an over-the-top treat.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1 egg, beaten
- optional (but recommended:) 4-6 minced basil leaves (about 2 teaspoons)
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Combine blueberries, juice from lemon, sugar, and optional basil in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Unroll pie crust on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Dump the blueberry mixture in center of pie crust, and spread to about an inch and a half from the edge of crust.
- Fold pie crust up over berries, brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the blueberry filling is bubbling.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
You can, of course, let this cool completely before slicing. It will slice much better as the filling has had time to set up, but honestly, it’s so good warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Protein: 10
Keywords: blueberry galette