- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder.
- Mix in salt and lemon zest. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly.
- Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown.
- I served mine slightly warm with a couple of scoops of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.