Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice is a fabulously filling and hearty dish the family will love!
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 –8 ounce box Zatarain’s Yellow Rice Mix, cooked according to directions
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (plus a bit more for garnish)
- 1 –15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- optional garnish: finely chopped fresh parsley
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Add the chopped onion and spoon the soup on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low 7 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, open the crock pot and break the chicken up into small pieces.
- Add the rice, cheese corn and sour cream to the crock pot. Stir until all combined.
- Put the lid back on and allow the crock pot to cook for about 10 to 15 more minutes or until everything is warm and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and fresh parsley.
Keywords: chicken, slow cooker, crock-pot, yellow rice