Looking for a family friendly, hearty and filling meal that’s easy and won’t heat up the kitchen? Look no further than this Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe!
Seven simple ingredients are all that is in this dish and it is so easy to put together! My family really enjoyed this meal and I will definitely be adding it to our meal rotation.
What makes this chicken and rice recipe so much better than others is the addition of the Zatarins Yellow Rice. (I’m sure any boxed yellow rice would work instead of the Zatarins.)
I have never had yellow rice before, and when I was shopping for the ingredients all I found was the Zatarin’s brand. I took a little bite of the rice after I cooked it in the microwave, and wow, yellow rice is tasty! It definitely makes the dish, so dont be tempted to substitute plain white rice.
After I tasted the rice, I had to google yellow rice to find out how it was made (Of course). I did find a few recipes that sounded good, so maybe someday I will attempt a huge batch from scratch and then freeze it…
Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice in the Crock Pot
Fabulous and filling family meal in the slow cooker: Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 7
- Total Time: 7 hours
- Yield: serves 4 to 5
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 -8 ounce box Zatarain’s Yellow Rice Mix, cooked according to directions
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Add the chopped onion and spoon the soup on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low 7 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, open the crock pot and break the chicken up in to small pieces.
- Add the rice, cheese corn and sour cream to the crock pot. Stir until all combined.
- Put the lid back on and allow the crock pot to cook for about 10 to 15 more minutes or until everything is warm and the cheese has melted.
Pin for later: