- 3 cups of your favorite pasta shape
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp of flour
- 1 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of half n half
- 4 ounces of Velveeta (this is about 1/2 of a small package- I used light)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional- but gives the dish a nice little kick)
- plenty of salt and pepper (To taste- let’s face it, broccoli and pasta just taste better with lots of salt n pepper!)
- 2 1/2 cup of pre-cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Combine flour and broth until smooth, add half n half. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 1 minute until thickened.
- Add Velveeta and spices, stir until Velveeta is melted.
- Add pasta, broccoli, and chicken to sauce, combine until everything is coated and heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Let stand until cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy!