Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli skillet is an easy dinner made with simple pantry ingredients. It’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet
I love a good cheesy and creamy pasta dish every now and then and this Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet was very yummy! (Bonus: this recipe is semi-light calorie-wise.)
I rarely cook with Velveeta, because in this house, Velveeta is for queso and never lasts long enough to be used in dinner recipes. After unloading the groceries on my last shopping trip, I hid the Velveeta in the laundry room fridge and the hubby never found it.
This cheesy chicken and broccoli skillet is perfect for busy weeknights!
I used pre-cooked chicken and prepared the sauce while the pasta was boiling, so the meal came together in about 25 or so minutes. (I also left the broccoli florets in large pieces so they could be easily removed by a certain someone that doesn’t like broccoli- thank goodness he likes green beans and salad…)
- 3 cups of your favorite pasta shape
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp of flour
- 1 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of half n half
- 4 ounces of Velveeta (this is about 1/2 of a small package- I used light)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional- but gives the dish a nice little kick)
- plenty of salt and pepper (To taste- let’s face it, broccoli and pasta just taste better with lots of salt n pepper!)
- 2 1/2 cup of pre-cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Combine flour and broth until smooth, add half n half. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 1 minute until thickened.
- Add Velveeta and spices, stir until Velveeta is melted.
- Add pasta, broccoli, and chicken to sauce, combine until everything is coated and heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Let stand until cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more easy dinner skillet meals? Check these out: