Chili Cornbread Casserole combines chili, beans, cheese, and cornbread, and is baked until the chili is hot and bubbly and the cornbread is golden brown.
- 19 oz can of chili
- 15 oz can of beans (feel free to double the beans if you want the casserole to go further)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 8.5 oz Box of cornbread mix (Plus ingredients to make the muffins usually it’s an egg and milk)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Optional: 1/4 cup of chopped onions (these will go into the casserole uncooked, so if you are sensitive to onions, you may want to leave these out or saute them with a bit of olive oil 1st.) However, the onions give the casserole a nice flavor.)
- Optional garnishes: Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, green onions, cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 f.
- Combine beans, corn, onions (if using), and spices into the bottom of an 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 baking dish. Top with chili.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornbread ingredients with a fork.
- Pour Cornbread batter over chili mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and cooked through.
- Top with desired garnishes and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 544
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 70
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 15
Keywords: chili cornbread casserole