The sweet coconut-chocolaty deliciousness of these adorable Double Chocolate Easter Basket Cookies are absolutely perfect for spring and Easter celebrations!
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Easter egg-shaped candies
- Chocolate candy coating (I used 4 blocks of almond bark)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the flour, coconut, and cocoa together in a large mixing bowl until the coconut is thoroughly coated with flour and chocolate.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, drop coconut mixture by the spoonful onto the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. To make the basket shape, dampen fingers with water and gently tap the middle to make a depression to hold your candies.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the cookies are set
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, follow the instructions on the chocolate candy coating package and melt the chocolate.
- Dip the bottoms of the cooled macaroons in the chocolate coating. Place cookies on wax paper to set.
- Add a bit of the melted chocolate to the center of the cookies and add your candies.