The sweet coconut-chocolaty deliciousness of these adorable Double Chocolate Easter Basket Cookies are absolutely perfect for spring and Easter celebrations! (Plus the decorating of the little egg shaped candies make the perfect craft to keep little ones busy!) Thank you to the Hershey Company for partnering with me in bringing you this recipe!
There’s still another month to go before the arrival of spring, but signs of warmer weather are already starting to appear… We’re beginning to have more warm days than cool, lots of sunshine and I’m starting to see little green sprouts coming up in all the plants…
All of this beautiful weather has me already thinking about our Easter plans. The holiday is early this year, so I need to get going on the planning.
While out and about last week, I came across these new White Cadbury Mini Eggs:
Since the White Cadbury Mini Eggs look just like little eggs, we had to get out our food markers and decorate them! What an awesome little craft this turned out to be- kept the kids busy for quite a while. (And really not that messy, if you don’t count the marker stained fingers.)
Want to see more Easter themed Recipes and crafts? Follow this link for more awesome ideas ==>> more Easter crafts and treat ideas!
Nothing better than a craft you can eat! (I even got in on the Egg decorating action…)
After we decorated the entire bag, it seemed a shame to just eat all our hard work, so I whipped up a batch of my Easy Coconut Macaroons to make little basket cookies to share with friends and show off our decorated mini Easter eggs. (Though any type of pastel candy will work great in these Easter Basket Cookies)
Coconut macaroons are so easy to make and the addition of the chocolate really made the macaroons extra yummy. The little chocolate baskets were the perfect backdrop to our decorated eggs. I took the chocolatey-ness to the next level by dipping the cookie bottoms in a chocolate candy coating.
So yummy- you definitely need to add these cookies to your holiday baking plans.
Double Chocolate Easter Basket Cookies
Makes about 8 large cookies (Recipe is easily doubled)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Easter egg shaped candies
- Chocolate candy coating (I used 4 blocks of almond bark)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the flour, coconut and cocoa together in a large mixing bowl until the coconut is thoroughly coated with flour and chocolate.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and Vanilla and mix well.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, drop coconut mixture by the spoonful on to the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. To make the basket shape, dampen fingers with water and gently tap the middle to make a depression to hold your candies.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the cookies are set
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, follow the instructions on the chocolate candy coating package and melt the chocolate.
- Dip the bottoms of the cooled macaroons in the chocolate coating. Place cookies on wax paper to set.
- Add a bit of the melted chocolate to the center of the cookies and add your candies.
Don't miss any more posts! Follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!