If you love decadent chocolate desserts, you will be in heaven with this Chocolate Pots de Crème Recipe. These Chocolate Pots are baked in the oven, resulting in a crisp top and a gooey, fudgy decadently rich chocolate center.
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tbs semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbs brewed coffee (You could also use a dark rum or any flavored liqueur, like chocolate, Raspberry, Baileys or Frangelico. I just used coffee.)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a small saucepan, combine cocoa, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in water.
- Stir mixture over low heat until no lumps remain. Raise heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, coffee and vanilla until smooth.
- In a larger bowl, beat eggs until slightly thickened, gradually adding sugar, continuously beating until thick.
- Very slowly, adding just a small amount of the warm chocolate at a time, fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Coat eight oven safe ramekins or other small serving cups with cooking spray and divide chocolate between the eight cups.
- Place ramekins in a baking pan and add about an inch of boiling water to the pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes or until centers are just set.
- Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Protein: 3
Keywords: chocolate, dessert