This Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta is an easy family meal that everyone loves and is perfect for busy weeknights. The homemade creamy white sauce is the perfect backdrop for cajun spices and the recipe works wonderfully with sausage, chicken, or both!
- 12 ounces of pasta ( I prefer bow-tie)
- 12 oz of pre-cooked, chopped sausage or chicken (I used leftover Eckrich sausage)
- 3 cups of milk or half and half or combo of both (today I used 1 cup of fat free half ‘n half and 2 cups ff milk)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
3/4 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning (more or less depending on the spiciness, I used Tony Cachere’s its pretty spicy)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Start water boiling for pasta.
- Dice your veggies
- Saute mushroom and onions with Cajun seasoning, add meat and saute a little longer.
- Get pasta cooking.
- Turn down heat on the meat and veggies. Add in your milk and cream.
- Keep stirring over medium to medium low until sauce starts to thicken.
Add Garlic, basil and Parmesan cheese.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to the meat and cream mixture. Combine well.