Everyone will love this Creamy Chicken and Noodles Skillet Recipe. It’s a quick and easy one-skillet meal that tastes like chicken pot pie, but without all the work!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tsp diced/minced garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups No Yolks Egg noodles
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- optional (only if needed, 1 tsp cornstarch)
- Add butter to a 12-inch skillet. Heat skillet over med-high high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and onions and cook ’til browned. (about 4 minutes)
- Add chicken broth, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and noodles to skillet. Cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cream into the skillet, add chicken. Reduce heat to med-low.
- Stir in corn, peas and carrots. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes until liquid thickens a bit.
- Remove skillet from heat, as the sauce cools it will thicken a bit more. Season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Optional: For faster thickening, mix 1/4 cup additional chicken broth with 1 tsp cornstarch until smooth. Mix broth/cornstarch mixture into the skillet, cooking for another few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with biscuits, yum!
Don’t skimp on the mushrooms, onions, garlic and butter in step one – this is where much of the flavor comes from!
After the final cooking time, give it a taste and add additional salt, pepper and poultry seasoning as needed.