This Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta is a quick and delicious meal for busy weeknights. Creamy and delicious with a hint of lemon. Yum!
- 12 oz dried pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into small strips (uncooked or precooked)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried Basil
- 1 lemon, juiced (or if you use bottled lemon juice, use whatever is equivalent to 1 lemon. )
- 1 cup of reserved pasta cooking liquid
- 1 cup of half n half or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus a bit more to top the dish after cooking
- 1 tsp of cornstarch (if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When draining the pasta, reserve about a cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Keep pasta warm. (To keep the pasta from sticking together after cooking, you can mix in about 1 tsp of olive oil.)
- While the pasta is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, chicken, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a saute pan.
- Cook until the chicken is golden and completely cooked. (If using precooked chicken, saute the garlic and red pepper about 3 minutes before adding the chicken, then cook a minute or two longer until the chicken is thoroughly coated and hot.)
- Add about 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and cream to the chicken mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened. If you want a little more cream sauce, add the rest of the reserved pasta cooking liquid. (If you want your cream sauce thicker, add a tsp of corn starch to 2 tablespoons of water and mix into the sauce. Continue cooking until desired thickness is achieved.)
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and turn the heat off.
- Mix everything together until the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Top with dried basil, cracked fresh pepper and additional Parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!