This Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta is a quick and delicious meal for busy weeknights. Creamy and delicious with a hint of lemon. Yum!Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
You can use either fresh chicken and real lemons or precooked chicken and bottled lemon juice to make this dish. It is delicious either way! (Of course, nothing beats fresh lemon, so if you have ’em use ’em…)
The addition of peas, broccoli, or asparagus would be a fabulous compliment to this dish. (I try to keep the veggies on the side instead of mixed in, – since it tends to reduce the amount of whining from a certain picky eater I know, lol.)
More Easy Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta (Use Sausage Or Chicken)
- Chicken and Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet
- Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
This Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta is a quick and delicious meal for busy weeknights. Creamy and delicious with a hint of lemon. Yum!
- 12 oz dried pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into small strips (uncooked or precooked)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried Basil
- 1 lemon, juiced (or if you use bottled lemon juice, use whatever is equivalent to 1 lemon. )
- 1 cup of reserved pasta cooking liquid
- 1 cup of half n half or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus a bit more to top the dish after cooking
- 1 tsp of cornstarch (if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When draining the pasta, reserve about a cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Keep pasta warm. (To keep the pasta from sticking together after cooking, you can mix in about 1 tsp of olive oil.)
- While the pasta is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, chicken, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a saute pan.
- Cook until the chicken is golden and completely cooked. (If using precooked chicken, saute the garlic and red pepper about 3 minutes before adding the chicken, then cook a minute or two longer until the chicken is thoroughly coated and hot.)
- Add about 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and cream to the chicken mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened. If you want a little more cream sauce, add the rest of the reserved pasta cooking liquid. (If you want your cream sauce thicker, add a tsp of corn starch to 2 tablespoons of water and mix into the sauce. Continue cooking until desired thickness is achieved.)
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and turn the heat off.
- Mix everything together until the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Top with dried basil, cracked fresh pepper and additional Parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!