This Strawberry Kiwi Green Tea Recipe is perfectly refreshing and perfect on a hot summer day. Plus, it’s full of antioxidants, good for your heart, brain and helps keep blood sugar stable.
Strawberry Kiwi Syrup
- 2 ripe kiwis, peeled and chopped (tip: peel the kiwi over your cooking pot to catch the extra juice)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- Juice from one lime (or a squirt or 2 of the bottled stuff)
- 4 tablespoons of your fave sweetener (I used a combo of agave and erythritol)
- 1/2 cup water
- Brewed green tea.
- Add all the syrup ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium low heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes, using a fork to mash larger pieces.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Strain strawberry kiwi mixture through a fine mesh sieve, (or in my case a piece of tulle, lol) using a spatula to help press liquids through the sieve.
- Transfer to a jar with an airtight lid.
Make the Strawberry Kiwi Green Tea:
Stir a few teaspoons of syrup into brewed green tea (to taste) and enjoy!