This Homemade Strawberry Kiwi Syrup makes the most amazing Strawberry Kiwi Green Tea!
This easy Green Tea Recipe is wonderfully refreshing and so perfect on a hot summer day. (Plus, green tea it’s full of antioxidants, good for your heart, brain and helps keep blood sugar stable.)
DIY Strawberry Kiwi Green Tea Recipe
It’s summertime, but with the kids out of school and home all day either yelling and fighting with each or yelling to get my attention, my days can be a bit stressful and hectic.
The strain of trying to get my work done, keep the kids busy and away from each other, compounded by too much coffee and then the dreaded “caffeine crash,” (when my energy fades and irritability sets in) can leave this mom feeling not-so-great by the end of the day.
I’ve got two solutions for these issues: More “Me Time” and less coffee!
One of the best ways I’ve found to relax, destress and even get a bit of inspiration, is to send my kids to their rooms for their “tablet time” (or in other words, my me-time) and spend a relaxing 30 minutes flipping through my favorite magazines.
I love just about any type of magazine: food, entertainment, home decor – if it’s got preety pictures, I’ll read it, lol! There’s just something about the big glossy photos and fun ideas in the magazines that I love browsing through.
To help eliminate the afternoon caffeine crashes, annoying eye twitches, and to hopefully sleep better, I’m trying to limit my coffee consumption to a single cup in the morning (albeit a large cup).
I do still need a bit a caffeine to keep me going, so I’ve made the switch to green tea in the afternoon.
What’s not to love about green tea?
- Green tea is full of good for you antioxidants, good for your heart, brain and helps keep blood sugar stable.
- Some studies even suggest that green tea may help you drop a few pounds! (sign me up, lol…)
Unfortunately- I don’t really like the taste of green tea. I like black tea just fine, (I even prefer it unsweetened) but there’s something in the flavor profile of green tea that isn’t my favorite.
My solution? This delicious, homemade Strawberry Kiwi Syrup Recipe!
More ways to use the Strawberry Kiwi Syrup
The strawberry kiwi syrup complements the green tea perfectly and can also be used in so many other ways too!
- Ice cream
- Cottage cheese
The list goes on of all the foods that would be so much yummier with just a little bit of strawberry kiwi syrup!
This Strawberry Kiwi Green Tea Recipe is perfectly refreshing and perfect on a hot summer day. Plus, it’s full of antioxidants, good for your heart, brain and helps keep blood sugar stable.
Strawberry Kiwi Syrup
- 2 ripe kiwis, peeled and chopped (tip: peel the kiwi over your cooking pot to catch the extra juice)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- Juice from one lime (or a squirt or 2 of the bottled stuff)
- 4 tablespoons of your fave sweetener (I used a combo of agave and erythritol)
- 1/2 cup water
- Brewed green tea.
- Add all the syrup ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium low heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes, using a fork to mash larger pieces.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Strain strawberry kiwi mixture through a fine mesh sieve, (or in my case a piece of tulle, lol) using a spatula to help press liquids through the sieve.
- Transfer to a jar with an airtight lid.
Make the Strawberry Kiwi Green Tea:
Stir a few teaspoons of syrup into brewed green tea (to taste) and enjoy!
It’s your turn! What’s your favorite way to get a little me time?