This simple and deliciously easy Blackberry Sauce is fabulous on just about anything from yogurt to ice cream to drinks!
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar, (possibly more- depending on how sweet your blackberries are.)
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice from one lemon
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blackberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and gently squish blackberries against side of the pan to release juices.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- To remove seeds and pulp, strain blackberry sauce through a fine mesh sieve. (Or in my case, a piece of tulle…) Pushing with a spatula to extract all the juice.