Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Today, I’m sharing the recipe for this simple and deliciously easy Blackberry Sauce. Its fabulous on just about anything from yogurt to ice cream to drinks!
Easy Blackberry Syrup Recipe
I love Blackberries, don’t you? So juicy and sweet, especially when picked at the height of ripeness. This past spring, we picked a lot of blackberries! Every few days we would venture out into the natural areas on our property and pick the wild berries that had ripened.
We ate the majority of these blackberries right after picking, but I had managed to put some aside to make this yummy blackberry sauce.
Blackberry sauce is amazing on so many different things, from ice cream to yogurt to my favorite: fresh ricotta mixed with a bit of vanilla and splenda. Kids especially loved it mixed with carbonated water from our soda stream.
If you wish for a slightly thicker syrup, mix in a teaspoon of cornstarch in a bit of water and combine with blackberry sauce. Bring sauce back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a few more minutes or until desired thickness.
Transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge.
This simple and deliciously easy Blackberry Sauce is fabulous on just about anything from yogurt to ice cream to drinks!
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar, (possibly more- depending on how sweet your blackberries are.)
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice from one lemon
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blackberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and gently squish blackberries against side of the pan to release juices.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- To remove seeds and pulp, strain blackberry sauce through a fine mesh sieve. (Or in my case, a piece of tulle…) Pushing with a spatula to extract all the juice.
You might also like:
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: