Skip the take out! If you have leftover chicken or rice, this easy Fried Rice with Chicken recipe is a quick and easy meal you can get on the table in 15 minutes. (Or less if you don’t have to cook the rice!)
- 3 cups cooked rice (brown or white, which ever you prefer)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 3/4 small onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic gloves, minced or about 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the peas, carrots and chicken, gently stir to coat with oil.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture to one side of the pan.
- Add the eggs to the empty half of the skillet and scramble the eggs.
- Add the rice and soy sauce to the pan, mixing everything together. Continue cooking until everything is thoroughly heated.