Have leftover chicken or rice? This easy Fried Rice with Chicken is a quick and easy meal you can get on the table in 15 minutes. (Or less if you don’t have to cook the rice!)
We eat a lot of Tex-Mex inspired meals around here so this Asian favored dish was a yummy departure from the norm. I used leftover chopped chicken that I cooked the other night and instant brown rice.
This Easy Fried Rice Recipe got 2 thumbs up from the hubby and daughter and only one thumb up from my son. He complained about the peas, but I fed him a few bites with the peas hidden and he never even knew they were there! He only copmplained because he could see them.
Easy Fried Rice with Chicken
Skip the take out! If you have leftover chicken or rice, this easy Fried Rice with Chicken recipe is a quick and easy meal you can get on the table in 15 minutes. (Or less if you don’t have to cook the rice!)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5 to 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: chicken, leftovers
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: asian
- 3 cups cooked rice (brown or white, which ever you prefer)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 3/4 small onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic gloves, minced or about 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the peas, carrots and chicken, gently stir to coat with oil.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture to one side of the pan.
- Add the eggs to the empty half of the skillet and scramble the eggs.
- Add the rice and soy sauce to the pan, mixing everything together. Continue cooking until everything is thoroughly heated.