These crispy, flavorful calzones are made with store-bought pizza dough and meatballs. So easy to make and the family will love them!
- 1 package of Pizza Dough (store bought or your own approx 12 to 16 oz)
- 8 Pre-cooked Meatballs
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 egg (optional)
- Garlic salt or Italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll into circles. (or circle-ish shapes…)
Place meatballs on half of the dough circle. (My meatballs were large, so I cut them into fourths.)
- Add about a tablespoon of pizza sauce to each calzone ad then sprinkle with cheese. Be very careful to keep the sauce and cheese away from the edge of the dough. (The sauce will keep the edges of the calzone from sealing all the way.)
- Fold the top half of the dough over and seal the edges by pressing and crimping the edges together.
- Optional step: brush egg white over the top of the calzone and sprinkle with garlic salt or other Italian seasoning.
- Bake on a well greased baking sheet or pizza stone for 35 minute or until a deep golden brown. (If you are concerned with the calzone over browning before the cooking is complete, you can cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.)
- Serving Size: 1 calzone
Keywords: meatball calzone