These crispy, flavorful calzones are made with store-bought pizza dough and meatballs. So easy to make and the family will love them!Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Meatball Calzones
Today I’m sharing the recipe for these kid approved, Easy Meatball Calzones.
One of my favorite premade items to keep on hand is meatballs. Whether I make them myself or buy them, I always like to have them in the freezer. There are so many different ways use them and my kids just love them.
I put these Simple Meatball Calzones together with store a bought pizza crust, meatballs from the freezer, my own pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella. They really could not have been any easier!
If you are cooking for kids, you know they love anything rolled up and baked in pizza crust or biscuits. (prime example are these Easy Beef Empanadas, Ham and Cheese Stromboli and my Barbecue Chicken Pockets.)
Mmm, all that cheesy, meaty, marinara goodness is making me hungry!
More Recipes with Pre-made Meatballs
- Cheesy Penne with Meatballs Recipe (20 Minute Meal)
- Easy Crockpot Meatball Sub Recipe
- Easy One Pot Meatball Stroganoff Recipe (20 min meal)
Frequently asked Calzone Questions:
Calzones are typically filled with pizza sauce, cheese and various pre cooked toppings usually found on a pizza. Whether your favorite pizza toppings are cheese and pepperoni, hamburger and bacon, 3-cheese or veggie; if you like it on your pizza, you’ll enjoy it on a calzone!
I prefer Mozzarella, but you could combine just about anything you like. Another amazing combination is a one to one combo of Mozzarella and Ricotta and a tablespoon or two of Parmesan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. If you are concerned with the calzone over browning before the cooking is complete, you can cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Your turn! What’s one of your families favorite go to easy dish?Print
These crispy, flavorful calzones are made with store-bought pizza dough and meatballs. So easy to make and the family will love them!
- 1 package of Pizza Dough (store bought or your own approx 12 to 16 oz)
- 8 Pre-cooked Meatballs
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 egg (optional)
- Garlic salt or Italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll into circles. (or circle-ish shapes…)
Place meatballs on half of the dough circle. (My meatballs were large, so I cut them into fourths.)
- Add about a tablespoon of pizza sauce to each calzone ad then sprinkle with cheese. Be very careful to keep the sauce and cheese away from the edge of the dough. (The sauce will keep the edges of the calzone from sealing all the way.)
- Fold the top half of the dough over and seal the edges by pressing and crimping the edges together.
- Optional step: brush egg white over the top of the calzone and sprinkle with garlic salt or other Italian seasoning.
- Bake on a well greased baking sheet or pizza stone for 35 minute or until a deep golden brown. (If you are concerned with the calzone over browning before the cooking is complete, you can cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.)
- Serving Size: 1 calzone
Keywords: meatball calzone
Looking for creative Pizza Recipes? Be sure to check out all these delicious Pizza Ideas!