- 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate morsels (Just for fun, I usually replace 1/4 cup of the semi sweet morsels with milk chocolate.)
- tsp of shortening
- 1/2 cup of shelled Pistachios (Start with 1/2 cup, you can add more 1 tsp at a time if you want more nuts and less chocolate.)
- coarsely ground sea salt
- In a microwave safe container, melt the chocolate in 15 second intervals, stirring in between the intervals until the chocolate is smooth. Be very careful not to overcook the chocolate. (It can happen in an instant!)
- Once the chocolate has melted, add in the nuts and combine thoroughly.
- Drop the chocolate nut mixture by the teaspoonful onto a sheet of waxed paper. Keep in mind if you want to put these candies into mini cupcake liners, you need to keep the spoonfuls small.
- Immediately sprinkle the candies with a sea salt.
- Candies should fully harden in about an hour.
Keywords: nut clusters, christmas candy, chocolate, pistachios