The holiday season is my favorite time of the year. Here in Texas, the weather can be crazy in December. Warm and in the 70’s and 80’s one day and then drop down to the 40’s the next day. I like to think of that as a good thing. It always feels like a blessing to have the chance to work in a few final warm weather meals, outfits and outdoor activities before winter really sets in. Though, like clockwork, every year on the weekend we plan to hang the outdoor Holiday lights, the weather always turns out to be the coldest, windiest day in December. This year was certainly no exception… Sorry Hubby (but those lights look great!)
While my Hubby was working on our outdoor Holiday lights, I was in the kitchen working on a treats for a get together I have coming up in a few days. We are all bringing a little something to share for a snack. I’ve been so busy, I did not want to spend hours in the kitchen making treats. (I just want it to look like I did, ha ha.) I decided these super easy, Chocolate Pistachio Clusters, served in mini cupcake liners would be perfect!
Something about these little candies are just so yummy. I think it is the combination of the chocolate and sea salt that does it for me. (And of course, I love pistachios too!)
The recipe is super simple, just 4 ingredients and truly, the best part is that they only take a few minutes to make!
Chocolate Pistachio Clusters
- 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate morsels (Just for fun, I usually replace 1/4 cup of the semi sweet morsels with milk chocolate.)
- tsp of shortening
- 1/2 cup of shelled Pistachios (Start with 1/2 cup, you can add more 1 tsp at a time if you want more nuts and less chocolate.)
- coarsely ground sea salt
1. In a microwave safe container, melt the chocolate in 15 second intervals, stirring in between the intervals until the chocolate is smooth. Be very careful not to overcook the chocolate.
2. Once the chocolate is melted, add in the nuts and combine thoroughly.
3. Drop the chocolate nut mixture by the teaspoonful onto a sheet of waxed paper. Keep in mind if you want to put these candies into mini cupcake liners, you need to keep the spoonfuls small.
4. Immediately sprinkle the candies with a sea salt.
5. Candies should fully harden in about an hour.
Products used and recommended in this post:
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: