Refried beans, salsa, chicken and Tex-Mex Flavors blend together in this Southwest Chicken Pizza that everyone will love!
- Pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
- Refried beans (I didn’t measure, but used about a cup- just use what you have or as much as you need)
- Salsa (Thick and chunky works best)
- Shredded mexi-blend or colby jack cheese)
- Taco seasoning
- Diced Chicken
- Toppings: Whatever you have on hand (topping ideas: Black beans, defrosted frozen corn, pica de gallo, chopped tomatoes, black olives, green onions diced green chiles, sauteed onions and peppers, lettuce, sour cream, cilantro)
- Optional: sour cream and taco sauce
- Mix together the refried beans and a couple tablespoons of taco seasoning. (Just give it a taste to make sure it is flavorful enough.) If the refried beans are too thick, you can thin them out with a bit of water or some of the salsa.
- Toss the diced chicken with about a tablespoon of the taco seasoning.
Spread the refried beans over the pizza crust.
- Add a thin layer of salsa (I recommend the thick and chunky so the salsa is not too watery, if using regular salsa, be careful not to use too much. You don’t want the center of the pizza to be too soggy.
- Add the diced chicken to the pizza and any other and any other topping you are using that can be baked.
- Top with a couple handfuls of the shredded cheese and bake pizza in a pre-heated oven according to the directions of the pizza crust you are using. (I will sometimes pre-bake my pizza crust for a minute or two, whether the directions call for it or not…)
- After the pizza has finished baking, top with your cool ingredients, such as tomatoes, lettuce cilantro, sour cream.
- I added a drizzle of taco sauce (taco bell taco sauce- love that stuff and buy it by the bottle) and sour cream. To make the sour cream drizzle, add a tiny bit of water to the sour cream until it’s the right consistency to drizzle.
Enjoy your pizza!