This quick and easy strawberry shortcake recipe is the perfect way to use up all your strawberries!
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar (adjust the amount of sugar to your taste- super sweet strawberries won’t need too much sugar. You can also use sugar substitute.)
- 1 ¾ cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Cool whip or other whipped cream for topping
- In a medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar until coated. Put in refrigerator and let stand 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls. (The shortcake will split better if you don’t flatten out the dough.)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Using a knife, split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1 shortcake and 1/6 of the strawberries
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 28
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 55
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4