We have a lots of strawberries left over from our strawberry picking yesterday, so I decided to whip up a quick and easy strawberry shortcake for dessert.
Oh, my goodness… There is just nothing better that fresh strawberries, sliced up, that have been soaking in sugar for a few hours. Add this easy and super fast little shortcake and a bit of whipped cream and you’ll be in strawberry dessert heaven, I promise!
Quick and Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar (adjust the amount of sugar to your taste- super sweet strawberries won’t need too much sugar- I actually used 4 packets of truvia.)
- 1 ¾ cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Plus Cool whip or other whipped cream for topping
- In medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar until coated. Put in refrigerator and let stand 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls. The shortcake will split better if you don’t flatten out the dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Using knife, split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it!
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: