Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking for easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipes? Then this Strawberry Shortcake recipe is the one you want! It’s a shortcake made with Bisquick, plus 3 more ingredients. And of course… strawberries!
How to make Quick and Easy Strawberry Shortcakes
Oh, my goodness…
We have a lot of strawberries left over from our strawberry picking trip yesterday, so I decided to whip up a quick and easy strawberry shortcake for dessert.
I have to say, there’s just about nothing better than fresh strawberries, sliced up, that have been soaking in sugar for a few hours. Wouldn’t you agree?
Add to those strawberries, this super fast, easy shortcake recipe and a bit of whipped cream and you’ll be in total strawberry dessert heaven with this strawberry shortcake, I promise!
My family was begging for seconds. Luckily 12 minutes in the oven is all you need for these yummy little shortcakes.
More fresh strawberry recipes you might also like:
- Easy Strawberry Jam (no pectin recipe)
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
- DIY Strawberry Ice Cream in a Bag (You have to try this with the kids!)
- Baked Mini Strawberry Pies
- Easy Strawberry Trifle
How many Calories are in strawberry shortcake?
In this recipe, before the whipped cream and using a sugar replacement on the strawberries, the calories are 198. Using real sugar, calories are 284.
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it!Print
This quick and easy strawberry shortcake recipe is the perfect way to use up all your strawberries!
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar (adjust the amount of sugar to your taste- super sweet strawberries won’t need too much sugar. You can also use sugar substitute.)
- 1 ¾ cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Cool whip or other whipped cream for topping
- In a medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar until coated. Put in refrigerator and let stand 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls. (The shortcake will split better if you don’t flatten out the dough.)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Using a knife, split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1 shortcake and 1/6 of the strawberries
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 28
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 55
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4