We have a lot of strawberries left over from our strawberry picking trip yesterday, so I decided to whip up a quick and easy strawberry shortcake for dessert.
Oh, my goodness…
I have to say, there’s just about nothing better than fresh strawberries, sliced up, that have been soaking in sugar for a few hours. Add this super fast, easy shortcake recipe and a bit of whipped cream and you’ll be in total strawberry dessert heaven with this strawberry shortcake, I promise!
My family was begging for seconds.
More fresh strawberry recipes you might also like:
- Easy Strawberry Jam (no pectin recipe)
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
- DIY Strawberry Ice Cream in a Bag (You have to try this with the kids!)
- Baked Mini Strawberry Pies
(Before the whipped cream and using a sugar replacement on the strawberries the calories are 198.)Print
Quick and Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
This quick and easy strawberry shortcake recipe is the perfect way to use up all your strawberries!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 shortcakes
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar (adjust the amount of sugar to your taste- super sweet strawberries won’t need too much sugar- I actually used 4 packets of sugar substitute.)
- 1 ¾ cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Cool whip or other whipped cream for topping
- In a medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar until coated. Put in refrigerator and let stand 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls. (The shortcake will split better if you don’t flatten out the dough.)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Using a knife, split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1 shortcake and 1/6 of the strawberries
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 28
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 55
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: