- 1 package of crescent rolls (If you can find the ones that come in a sheet, even better.)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella (I was short on mozzarella and had to supplement with colby jack, that is the yellow cheese you see)
- 3 thinly sliced medium tomatoes or the equivalent in cherry tomatoes. (You can use whatever tomatoes you have on hand)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- optional 3 strips of crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spread crescent rolls out on lightly oiled baking sheet, pressing perforated seams together to form a solid crust.
- Sprinkle cheese on crust, leaving a 2 inch border around the edge of the crust.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Fold the edges of the crescent crust over, towards tomatoes.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the crust is golden brown.