This white chicken chili recipe is thick, creamy and full of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors. It’s absolutely delicious and I dare you to eat just one bowl!
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne or crushed pepper (optional for extra spice)
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into cubes (24 ish oz)
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth (or 1 3/4 cup)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water (or more if needed)
- 1 7 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 14 oz can mexi-corn (regular corn is fine)
- 3 14 oz cans great northern beans; drained and rinsed
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Saute onions and spices for 3 to 4 minutes over med high heat.
- Add chicken and continue sauteing until chicken is cooked, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broth, water and cream of chicken soup to pot, stir until the soup is completely mixed in.
- Add 2.5 cans of white beans, corn and diced green chili
- Puree 1/2 can of white beans in blender or food processor until smooth (you can add a bit of water if needed.) Add to puree to chili. (This is what thickens the chili, feel free to puree a bit more if a thicker chili is desired.)
- Turn up heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk and sour cream. Simmer for another 20 minutes or so. Chili will thicken as it cooks.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!