This white chicken chili recipe is so hearty, creamy and full of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors. It’s absolutely delicious and I dare you to eat just one bowl!
Welcome back to day two of soup week!
Today I’m sharing a family favorite recipe. This white chicken chili is frequently requested by my hubby and by my parents when they visit. Ok, so I’m actually re-sharing this recipe, it’s one of the very first recipes I posted when I started this blog over 4 years ago. It’s been on “the list” to re-photograph it for a while. The recipe is just so yummy and the original photos were just so bad, lol!
I’ve made the recipe several times over the last few years, but either the lighting was not right or we were just too hungry to stop and take pictures, but I finally managed to get it done! (The original pics can be seen here and here– check ’em out quick if you’re curious, because they are about to be deleted forever!)
A few more awesome soup recipes you might like:
- Slow Cooker Corn and Sausage Chowder
- Creamy Green Chile Enchilada Soup
- Mac and Cheese Soup with Broccoli and Chicken
- Easy Sausage and Bean Soup
- Easy 20 Minute White Bean and Chicken Chili
Don’t forget, I am giving away this fabulous 6.5-quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
at the end of the week, so be sure to enter at the bottom of the post!
[irp posts=”12338″ name=”Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes: Creamy Green Chile Enchilada Soup”]Print
Family Favorite White Chicken Chili Recipe
This white chicken chili recipe is thick, creamy and full of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors. It’s absolutely delicious and I dare you to eat just one bowl!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne or crushed pepper (optional for extra spice)
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes (use rotisserie if desired, but you will still want to saute the chicken a bit with the spices
- 1 14 0z can chicken broth (or 1 3/4 cup)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water (or more if needed)
- 1 7 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 can mexi-corn (regular corn is fine)
- 3 cans great northern beans; drained and rinsed
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Saute onions and spices for 3 to 4 minutes over med high heat.
- Add chicken and continue sauteing until chicken is cooked, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broth, water and cream of chicken soup to pot, stir until the soup is completely mixed in.
- Add 2.5 cans of white beans, corn and diced green chili
- Puree 1/2 can of white beans in blender or food processor until smooth (you can add a bit of water if needed.) Add to puree to chili.
- Turn up heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk and sour cream. Simmer for another 20 minutes or so. Chili will thicken as it cooks.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!