Have an abundance of fresh corn? All you need to do is add bacon, pasta & a few more ingredients to make this amazing Fettuccine with Fresh Corn Pesto!
- 12 oz dry fettuccine
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups cooked fresh corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, pepper
- Optional halved cherry tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Saute garlic over medium heat, with a bit of olive oil for 1 minute. Add diced chicken, salt and pepper and saute for another minute or two or until chicken is heated through. (Or cooked if using raw chicken.)
- Add 3 cups of corn, olive oil, and parmesan cheese to the blender. Blend till smooth.
- Drain pasta, reserving about a cup of cooking water.
- Add pasta, corn mixture, reserved corn (hold back about 1/4 cup for garnish,) 3/4 of the bacon and chicken to skillet. Toss to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water, continuing to toss. If more creaminess is needed, add a bit more of the cooking water.
- Top with reserved bacon, corn, and sliced tomatoes if desired.