Fettuccine w/ Bacon, Chicken and Fresh Corn Pesto
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you love fresh sweet corn or pasta? How about bacon?
If you said yes to those questions, then I’ve got an amazing recipe to share with you, combining the corn, bacon, pasta, and a few more ingredients: Fettuccine with Fresh Corn Pesto! So amazing and the perfect way to use up all of your fresh summer veggies.
Fettuccine w/ Bacon, Chicken and Fresh Corn Pesto Recipe
The kiddos have been at their cousins’ all week, so I’ve had fun experimenting with a few new recipes for the hubby and me.
I still had quite a bit of fresh corn leftover from when our local grocery store had corn on sale at 8 for $1. (Can’t beat those prices, I definitely stocked up.)
I saved this recipe for fresh corn pesto from a Taste of Home magazine last year and thought it would be perfect to use up the last of the corn!
I changed the recipe up a bit to better suit our tastes and it was so yummy!
Ingredients + Notes:
(Ingredients at a glance, full printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.)
- Fettuccine Noodles | You can use other types of pasta, depending on what you have on hand. Rigatoni or Farfalle would both work great.
- Bacon |cooked, torn into small pieces. I would not use bacon bits for this as it is just not the same. However, the precooked bacon that you reheat in the microwave is great if you are just looking to save a step.
- Fresh corn | Cut from the cob and cooked. You can microwave corn on the cob to save time.
- Garlic cloves | Minced
- Pre-cooked chicken | Diced – rotisserie works great
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Optional | halved cherry tomatoes
What Is Corn Pesto
Who knew pesto could be made with something other than basil?
Well, Yes, it can! Corn Pesto is made similarly to regular pesto, but instead of using basil and pine nuts; fresh corn, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil are processed together in a food processor or blender until they form a pesto-like sauce. You can use the corn pesto on pasta or with your favorite roasted veggies for a new taste sensation!
Can I Use Frozen Corn in this Recipe?
Yes, you can. Just thaw it first.
How To Store Pasta With Corn Pesto
Store leftovers in the fridge, in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Is This Recipe Vegan?
As is it is not vegan, but you can leave out the chicken and bacon and use a plant-based parmesan for a delicious vegan meal.
- Use any pasta you want, even zoodles would work.
- Switch out the chicken for shrimp.
- Leave the Chicken shrimp out altogether for a delightful meatless main dish!
More Healthy Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Spinach and Red Peppers
- Simple Pasta Recipe with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Baked Ziti Recipe (lightened up)
- Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo
- One-Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Tried Fresh Corn Pesto w/ Fettuccini recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section below. If you share an image on Instagram or Facebook, be sure to tag me and use #scatteredmomrecipes!Print
Fettuccine w/ Bacon, Chicken and Fresh Corn Pesto
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
Have an abundance of fresh corn? All you need to do is add bacon, pasta & a few more ingredients to make this amazing Fettuccine with Fresh Corn Pesto!
- 12 oz dry fettuccine
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups cooked fresh corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, pepper
- Optional halved cherry tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Saute garlic over medium heat, with a bit of olive oil for 1 minute. Add diced chicken, salt and pepper and saute for another minute or two or until chicken is heated through. (Or cooked if using raw chicken.)
- Add 3 cups of corn, olive oil, and parmesan cheese to the blender. Blend till smooth.
- Drain pasta, reserving about a cup of cooking water.
- Add pasta, corn mixture, reserved corn (hold back about 1/4 cup for garnish,) 3/4 of the bacon and chicken to skillet. Toss to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water, continuing to toss. If more creaminess is needed, add a bit more of the cooking water.
- Top with reserved bacon, corn, and sliced tomatoes if desired.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.
This looks like a GREAT dinner! Adding it to my menu for next week! thanks for linking up to DIY Inspired!
I love fresh corn, cut off the cob, in things. It's so much better than frozen or canned. Thanks for the new idea, since I had always just added it to soup before.
I assume you meant 12 ounces dry fettuccine?
This looks so yummy, Jamie! Thank you bunches for linking up and partying with us again this week! I'm pinning this one so I can be sure to try it!
Yes I love sweet corn and bacon! How can you not love them? This looks like the perfect summer dinner!
this looks great – I shared this on my FB page. Thanks for linking it up to the frenzy. https://www.facebook.com/mostlyfoodandcrafts/posts/704342509652639
Oh this looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing this lovely meal.
Thank you Priscilla!
Hi! I just found your blog and I'm so glad. I love crafts and I'm also into cooking, gardening and cooking. I'm a new follower here and I look forward to reading your posts. Have a great weekend! 🙂