This low carb chili has all the classic chili flavors you love, but without the beans (so it’s low in carbs.) It’s hearty, flavorful and perfect for those cold winter nights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 large bell pepper (your favorite color)
- about 1 cup onion, diced (use more if you like sauteed onion)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt (You could cheat and just use 2 tbs of a chili spice mix in place of the 4 spices above.)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- Combine the ground beef, onions, bell peppers and garlic in large frying pan and sauté until ground beef is browned. Drain fat.
- Add spices, Worcestershire, diced green chiles, tomato sauce, tomato paste and broth to the pan. stir to combine and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Give chili a taste, add additional cumin, chili powder and additional cayenne if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 33
Keywords: recipe, chili, low carb