Grilled Apples w/ Caramel Sauce (perfect camping dessert!)
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup Caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- optional: nuts whipped cream, ice cream for topping
- Prepare grill.
- Tear off four large pieces of heavy-duty foil. The pieces need to be large enough to fold in half and create a sealed “pocket” for 1/4 of the apples.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 of apple wedges in the center of each piece of foil. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the caramel topping. Wrap foil securely around apples to create a packet and seal.
- Grill foil packets, seam sides up, 5 to 6 inches from medium-low heat 8 to 9 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Let packets cool a few minutes and top with additional caramel and optional ice cream or other toppings.