It’s getting to be camping (and grilling) season here is Texas! The temperatures are cooling off enough at night so that it’s possible to comfortably sleep and cook outdoors again. (In fact we have our very first Boy Scout/family camp out scheduled this weekend!)
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup Caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare grill.
- Tear off four large pieces of heavy duty foil. The pieces need to be large enough to fold in half and create a sealed “pocket” for 1/4 of the apples.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 of apple wedges in the center of each piece of foil. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the caramel topping. Wrap foil securely around apples to create a packet and seal.
- Grill foil packets, seam sides up, 5 to 6 inches from medium-low heat 8 to 9 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Let packets cool a few minutes and top with additional caramel and optional ice cream.
Want more yummy dessert ideas? Be sure to check these out:
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: