Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These grilled apples are the perfect dessert recipe for camping or just grilling out! All you need is a bit of caramel sauce, a scoop of ice cream and you will be in caramel-ly apple heaven!
Grilled Apples with Caramel Sauce:
It’s getting to be camping (and grilling) season here is Texas! The temperatures are cooling off enough at night so that it’s possible to comfortably sleep and cook outdoors again. (In fact, we have our very first Boy Scout/family camp out scheduled this weekend!)
To celebrate our upcoming campout, I have this fabulous grilled caramel apple recipe for you today. We actually made these apples on our fire pit a few weeks ago but this recipe is perfect for camping or just tossing on the grill if you’re cooking outside!
Add a scoop of ice cream and you’ll be in caramel-ly apple heaven:
Grilled Apples w/ Caramel Sauce (perfect camping dessert!)
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup Caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- optional: nuts whipped cream, ice cream for topping
- Prepare grill.
- Tear off four large pieces of heavy-duty foil. The pieces need to be large enough to fold in half and create a sealed “pocket” for 1/4 of the apples.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 of apple wedges in the center of each piece of foil. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the caramel topping. Wrap foil securely around apples to create a packet and seal.
- Grill foil packets, seam sides up, 5 to 6 inches from medium-low heat 8 to 9 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Let packets cool a few minutes and top with additional caramel and optional ice cream or other toppings.
Want more yummy dessert ideas? Be sure to check these out: