If you love your Instant Pot, take it to a whole other level with this crazy simple Instant Pot Cream of Tomato Soup! Delicious, hearty and flavorful!
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 can tomatoes, crushed, 28 oz
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes, diced, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ c heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start the Instant Pot by pressing the saute button
- Melt the butter in the pot and add the onions. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, garlic powder, thyme, basil, and smoked paprika
- Place the lid on the pot and turn the toggle into the sealing position
- Press manual, high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let it do a natural release for 10 minutes and then release the remaining pressure with a quick release until the pin drops.
- Open carefully and give it a stir.
- With an immersion blender, blend all the chunky tomatoes and onions until smooth. Alternatively, you can use your blender but be very careful in blending hot liquids in the blender! (remove the center plastic cup from the top of the lid and cover with a clean towel to let steam escape)
- Optional step: for a very smooth soup, you can strain out the solids with a fine mesh strainer. (personally, I like my soup a little on the “chunky side.”)
- Add the cream and give a final stir.
- Serve with garlic toast and enjoy!
Optional step: for a very smooth soup, you can strain out the solids with a fine mesh strainer.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 7
Keywords: tomato, soup,