This frozen Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Recipe is for all the key lime pie lovers out there. It’s decadent. Rich. Creamy. Sweet yet tart; exactly what you would expect from an amazing key lime pie except in ice cream form!
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 to 15 oz
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 cup crumbled Graham Crackers
- Heat the cream in a saucepan to a simmer.
- Slowly beat the hot cream into the egg yolks.
- Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan and continue cooking, stirring constantly until the custard thickens and will coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
- Optional: If you spot any lump in your mixture, you can strain it through a fine mesh sieve. (I did not have any egg lumps so I skipped this step.)
- Stir Sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice into the custard mixture/ key lime base.
- Chill mixture in fridge until completely cool.
- Process according to ice cream makers directions. At the end of the processing time add in a 1/2 cup (or more) of crumbled graham crackers.
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer for a few hours to firm up
Ice cream will be dense, so process in the ice maker as long as you can to allow for more air to be incorporated.
Keywords: key lim, lime, ice cream