This Lemon Cheesecake Pie recipe is perfect for lemon lovers- so sweet, lemony and creamy, with just a tiny bit of tartness- yum!
(recipe adapted from Real Simple magazine)
- 2 8 oz bars of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- your favorite 9 inch prebaked pie crust
- extra lemon for zesting
- In food processor or mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and salt (everything except the zest and pie crust ) until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake at 325 until center is set but still slightly wobbly. (40 to 50 minutes.) To keep pie crust from burning, cover pie crust edges with foil. See how I covered my pie here.
- Let cool, then chill til firm (4 – 5 hours.)
- Before serving, top with thin layer of whipped cream and lemon zest
Use either a graham cracker or traditional pie crust – whichever you prefer!