This easy-to-make, Homemade Lemon Curd recipe is buttery, silky smooth, sweet yet tart. Perfection in a lemon curd!
- 3 large egg yolks
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, about 7 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter, a few pieces at a time, stirring until consistency is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a serving container. Let cool.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until chilled.
(This recipe makes about 8 oz.)