This delicious Lemon Mousse is both sweet and tart and makes a perfect cool and light dessert for Spring or Summer.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 egg yolks
- zest of 2 lemons
- 8 to 10 strawberries chopped, plus more for garnish (I suggest using even more, the strawberries were so yummy!)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 3/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Combine 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, 8 egg yolks and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, about 7 minutes.
- Place lemon mixture in fridge and chill until cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and butter until well combined.
- Using electric mixer, beat heavy cream in medium bowl until medium peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into lemon mixture until well combined.
- Divide graham cracker mixture between 8 serving dishes. Top with chopped strawberries and sprinkle strawberries with a bit of sugar. (Don’t be shy with the amount of strawberries , they taste so yummy with the lemon mousse. I would have used more, but my strawberry bandit had hit again!)