If you enjoy simple and light pasta dishes, then you will love this Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Spinach and Red Peppers!
- 12 oz fettuccine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice (you might need more depending on what kind of lemon juice you are using, just give it a taste.)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- plenty of salt and crushed black pepper (to taste, of course)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (increase to your taste level- this makes the dish pop!)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions, using the recommended amount of salt in the water. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a separate bowl, thoroughly combine ricotta, lemon juice and rind, 1/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper. (I listed 1/8 tsp of crushed red pepper, but don’t be shy, this dish is even better with a bit of a kick from the red pepper, so adjust according to your taste level ).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and garlic, saute for 3 minutes.
- Add pasta, ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to skillet. Stir until combined, adding additional pasta water as needed to achieve desired creaminess.
- Add Spinach, cook about 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Top with extra salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper if desired.
Keywords: pasta, skillet meal